Please familarize yourself with the Rules, Regulations and Etiquette of COJGA
COJGA Varsity Rules and Guidelines
1. Arrive at tee 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Arrive at course 45 minutes early! Tee times and volunteer assignments are posted on the website by Friday evening prior to the event. Click on the "Tee Times" tab.
2. Declare the ball you are using. Have plenty of balls, tees, ball markers, pencils and a green repair tool.
3. Proper pace of play should be followed including:
- You are expected to keep pace with the group in front of you at all times.
Play “Ready” golf
Continuous putting should be in play whenever possible
4. Golf etiquette should be following including:
Replace divots in fairways and ball marks on greens
Absolutely NO CURSING or FOUL LANGUAGE. Also no cell phone use by players during round.
Keep in mind that we are guests at each club. Watch your temper, no heckling, club throwing or cheating.
5. Electric carts are not allowed unless approved by COJGA directors.
6. USGA rules govern play. Know the rules of golf. View the USGA Rules »
Parent Volunteer Policy
The parent of a member (or an adult representative of the parent) is required to volunteer for at least one event for every two to three events the member has registered to play.
Key Points for Walking Scorers
Encourage sportsmanship, self-control, proper golf etiquette, ready golf, and having fun.
RULINGS: If a player has a question regarding a ruling, he or she should play a second ball under USGA rule 3-3. They shall hole out with each ball. Check with a next available marshal or obtain a ruling upon completion of the round. Scorers are not authorized to make rulings.
HOLE-BY-HOLE SCORING: Leave the green area and then make sure there is agreement on all scores. Upon conclusion of the round, recheck all cards, upon agreement, players shall sign their card and turn it in to the tally keepers. Players shall not leave the course until this is completed.
CONDUCT: As a volunteer scorer, you are requested to report any rules or conduct violation, on the part of any player in your group, to the COJGA Tournament Director. WE WANT TO AND NEED TO KNOW of any violation in order to maintain the integrity of the game.